In February of 1900, the Brownie came along and made photography affordable for just about everyone! A reliable camera could be purchased for $1 and the film, with processing included, added $0.15 to the total…WOW!
Snapshots of the family holidays, leisure outings, weddings, and just about every event imaginable was being captured with a Brownie on Eastman Kodak film. The name “Brownie” was synonymous with popular photography. Over 100 models bearing the Brownie name were produced from the first cardboard box Brownie to the last 110 cartridge Brownie in 1986.
What To Do
- Have Fun!
- Take photographs on Saturday & Sunday, February 3 & 4, 2018 using any Kodak Brownie Camera. This means an original Brownie, a Brownie Hawkeye, a Baby Brownie, an altered flipped-lens Brownie, ANY unaltered or altered Brownie camera. If you’ve made a pinhole camera or an instant camera from a Brownie, you can use it! Your camera MUST have started life as a Brownie Camera.
- Process your film or get your film processed, scan it or make prints and scan those.
- Make your .jpg file no larger than 800 pixels on the longest side using a medium compression. This means 800×800 or 800×600 or 800×300…etc…and please remember to save as .jpeg or .jpg using a medium compression.
- Submit your (one) image below no later than midnight on Sunday, March 4, 2018.
What Not To Do
- Don’t use a Leica camera!
- Don’t upload porn!
- Don’t upload more than one image!
- Though we all love toy cameras, pinhole cameras, instant cameras, and even very expensive digital cameras…use a Kodak Brownie Camera because this is the International Brownie Camera Day…YEAH!
Ready to upload your image? Make sure you…
…had fun using your Brownie Camera on Saturday & Sunday, February 3 & 4, 2018.
…made your image no larger than 800 pixels on the longest side.
…saved your image as a .jpeg or .jpg using a medium compression.
Submit your favorite single image no later than midnight on Sunday, July 16, 2017.
Upload Your Favorite Image! (One Image Per Person)
The uploader will magically appear at 12:01am, Tokyo time, on Saturday, February 03, 2018…get your Brownie camera ready!!
I’ll have a look to make sure you’ve followed at least one of the rules and then publish your image to the gallery as quickly as possible.